How is the economy in Jefferson County Idaho?
With a population of 26,140, Jefferson County is quaint and comfortable, however, in some areas can feel like an urban, bustling community. With beautiful mountains and rolling hills abound, it is easy to see why more and more people are moving here.
A very comfortable median household income averages around $58,055 and continues to grow, while the median property value is around $166,200. These two numbers coincide quite well as the number of those who work in the county is on the rise.
Additionally, property values are growing at a nice pace, which keeps this part of the state reasonably priced within the housing market, all while a new desire to live here is blossoming. Employment opportunities are growing as well.
The most substantial part of the work industry is Health Care, while the retail sector is experiencing growth, and the finance and insurance industry is at a steady pace.
How many schools are in Jefferson County?
Families relocating to the area or exploring their Real Estate options should know that Jefferson County’s School District is one of opportunity and excellent strength.
Here is a great breakdown of the schools offered within the district:
- Roberts Elementary
- Farnsworth Elementary
- Harwood Elementary
- Midway Elementary
- SouthFork Elementary
- Jefferson Elementary
There is one middle school, Rigby Middle School and two High Schools, Rigby High School, and Jefferson High School.
With a significant online presence, the school district is at the forefront of keeping parents informed, assisting them with transportation for their children, and advocating for parent involvement.
If you are looking for real estate and properties for sale in Jefferson County, be excited that a wide variety of activities await the outdoor enthusiast. As a family-friendly county, many of the adventures are oriented toward a family day out.
Here are some of our favorite nature-inspired activities to enjoy:
- Squealers Fun Park: Located in Rigby, Idaho, Squealers is a unique opportunity for family and friends to gather for go-karting, arcade games, batting cages, and so much more.
- Yellowstone Bear World: Although just slightly outside of the county limit, this attraction is easily accessible. Enjoy a day discovering wildlife while getting up close and personal as well.
- Jefferson County Lake: Situated within the city of Rigby, this lake invites all to enjoy a day of fishing, swimming, and boating. It’s a great day in the sun and is easily accessible from the highway.
The area is full of adventure amid the outdoors. A vast network of parks, trails, and green space offers locals a chance to connect with nature, get some great exercise, and spend time with family or friends in a beautiful setting.
Parks and Recreation
There is no shortage of designated parks and recreational areas within Jefferson County. Whether you are looking to take a long stroll on a sunny day or just let your children run free and burn off energy, Jefferson County has you covered.
Here are just a few of Jefferson County Idaho’s featured parks:
- Jefferson County Lake Recreation: With 50 campsites, volleyball nets, playgrounds, tennis courts, picnic areas, shelters, and walking trails, there is a multitude of amenities to keep anyone busy. For just a small fee, locals and tourists alike can enjoy a day of fun in the water and activities throughout the park.
- Mike Walker Boat Ramp: For those lake lovers who like to enjoy a boat ride, the Mike Walker Boat Ramp is a public ramp located south of Highway 48 on Snake River. In addition to campsites nearby, the ramp is well constructed to create an easy way to go in and out with your boat.
- Events: The Parks and Recreation department within Jefferson County takes great pride in their annual events. Locals have the opportunity to enjoy a festival of lantern lights in the winter, a 4th of July parade and fireworks, triathlons, car shows, and a fall festival.
Dining Out and Going Out in Jefferson County, Idaho
The other amenity Jefferson County, Idaho, comes with is a generous food scene. From family-friendly restaurants to fine-dining experiences, the county is sure to please the pickiest of foodies.
Next time you are looking at Real Estate in Jefferson County, be sure to check out these great dining options:
- Lil’ Mikes Smokin’ BBQ: Located on Clark Street in Rigby, Lil’ Mikes is a traditional style barbecue restaurant serving up the likes of classic items such as ribs and hush puppies.
- Fiesta Ole: Whether you are ready for a yummy taco or a full-on Mexican plate, Fiesta Ole is a classic Mexican restaurant serving up family-style dishes that are sure to please.
- Black Bear Diner: For a relaxed atmosphere and a quick bite, the Black Bear Diner is a great place to join family and friends for some great food and fun.
The nightlife is far from sleepy in Jefferson County. Popular pubs and lounges are alive and well. From the Top Cat Pub to the Out of Bounds Sports Grill, local adults can enjoy a night out, a game, and a great meal all at the same time.
Jefferson County Real Estate
With so many great amenities to enjoy and a vast choice of real estate for sale, it is easy to see why this part of East Idaho is experiencing a vast amount of growth. With affordable real estate and vacant land, it is an excellent time for young professionals, families, and retirees alike to relocate, find the right house, and experience the Idaho lifestyle.
The best part about the Real Estate in Jefferson County is the availability of land at an affordable price. Numerous vacant plots are waiting for investors, farmers, and families to make their dreams come true.
From 5 acres nestled among the rolling hillsides to an acre situated within a new premier subdivision, such as Water’s Edge in the city of Ririe, the available land is ready for the new construction of your dream. If a new property isn’t for you, don’t worry, the right single-family or multi-family house is waiting for you.
Reach out to Re/Max Prestige for Your Real Estate Needs
We know relocation can be a little overwhelming; however, we feel it should be an adventure of a lifetime for you. At Re/Max Prestige, we are your premier real estate agents within the Eastern-Idaho region. Our agents are local community members who know the area and understand what great opportunities are upcoming. With so much land available, we can help you find the perfect lot that fits your needs while nestling you in your new home in eastern Idaho. Contact us now if you have any questions or to see if there is an open house, new construction, or real estate for sale.
Extensive Real Estate Listings
When it comes to the sheer selection of real estate located in and around Jefferson County, RE/MAX Prestige is unbeatable. Our website is easy to use and allows you to browse a vast number of different types of property for sale with ease.
At RE/MAX Prestige, our real estate listings encompass all kinds of properties. No matter whether you are looking for a home in the center of town or a spacious converted farmhouse with views across the majestic Snake River; we have what you are looking for and much more.
Each of our listings comes complete with a selection of high-definition images and a comprehensive description of the property. We do not try to hide anything here; everything is set out so that your time will not be wasted by viewing a property that does not look the same as when advertised on our site.